Empowering Primary Care For Patients And Providers Through Coaching
In this episode of the Health and Wellness Coach Journal Podcast, we have the privilege of hearing from Dr. Amna Shabbir, a physician who is double board certified in geriatrics and internal medicine, a Duke health certified integrative wellness coach, and a professional life coach. Dr. Shabbir shares her journey from experiencing burnout as a practicing physician to finding solace in coaching and eventually founding the Early Career Physicians Institute. Through her insightful conversation with our host, Dr. Jessica Singh, Dr. Shabbir sheds light on the powerful impact of coaching, the need for collaboration between physicians and coaches, and the potential benefits for patients suffering from chronic diseases.
This episode offers valuable insights for health and wellness coaches, physicians, and individuals seeking to improve their overall well-being. Dr. Shabbir's message resonates with the importance of taking an active role in one's health and the transformative potential of incorporating coaching into healthcare practices. Join us as we delve into the intersection of medicine and coaching, and discover the profound impact it can have on individuals and the landscape of primary care.
For detailed show notes, including information to connect with Dr. Amna Shabbir, click here or visit https://www.centerforhealthandwellnesscoaches.com/blog.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 01:23 - Overcoming burnout and journey into coaching
- 04:44 - Coaching process and benefits
- 06:49 - Challenges in Primary Care
- 08:20 - Health coaching in Primary Care
- 10:43 - Applying coaching skills as a physician
- 12:11 - Limitations of Primary Care visits
- 13:25 - Benefits of health coaching
- 16:25 - Coach certification
- 18:05 - Integrating coaching into practice
- 19:44 - Takeaways